Premature birth is a pregnancy complication which has moderate to high risk. Babies which are born before 37 weeks or less than that are premature babies. Premature birth can be categorized as extremely preterm, very preterm and late preterm. This may be due to an infection or any genetic problem or it may even be an unknown cause. These babies should be given an extra special care to make them travel an overwhelming experience.
- Heavy or light bleeding.
- Increased bowel movements
- Lower back pain
- Contraction every 5 minutes
- Heavy rectal pressure
- Reduced or no movements of the baby
The actual cause of the premature birth is widely unknown but there are some factors which have high risk which may be the indication of premature labor.
Uterine infections are likelythe major cause of premature birth. These infections are likely to cause inflammation which triggers the release of certain hormones that initiate labor.
Birth defects in the baby:
There may be defects in the birth for some children, this maybe a cause for a pre-term labor.It is a problem that occurs when a baby is developing in the womb. Certain behaviors greatly increase the risk of birth defects in which premature birth is common.
Women who are older than 35 years of age (advanced maternal age) are prone to higher risk of premature birth than the younger women. The quality of the egg declines when you age and hence you may not have a healthy pregnancy.
Preterm labor previously:
Women have preterm labor previously have more chance of occurring once again.
Usage of drugs:
Prenatal drug use does seem to cause harmful and sometimes long-term effects on the baby. These include behavioral change, low birth weight and developmental delays.
- Too much of stress can be avoided because stress forms a major role for a pregnant women. Over pressure and rethinking can also be ruled out to ensure a better recovery.
- If there is any preterm labor history you can take supplements to boost up your immune and to prevent preterm labor in future pregnancies.
- Have a healthy weight balance before and while you are pregnant.
- Quit smoking, drinking alcohol and using drugs.
- Get yourself treated early and in advance if you have high blood pressure or thyroid problems.
- Protect yourself from pets especially fur animals.
- Wait for at least 2 years for the next conception.
There are treatments which will help you out to improvise your baby’s health. Sort out your health condition first and then give necessary treatments. Sometimes we don’t know for sure what causes premature birth. Visit your medical center immediately if you find to be in an abnormal conditions or if you have any one of the symptoms and get treated to have a safe delivery.